Requirements: PHP is installed and the install location was added to the system PATH environment variable.
You can use the current snapshot for testing with PHP 7.2: http://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/snaps/imagick/3.4.3/
This Guide will show as simple as possible how to install imagik 3.4.3 for PHP 7.1 (Thread Safe, x86).
- Download imagick for your PHP version from http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick/3.4.3/windows (you can get a nice overview with xdebug under https://xdebug.org/wizard.php)
I downloaded http://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/releases/imagick/3.4.3/php_imagick-3.4.3-7.1-ts-vc14-x86.zip.
All versions: http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick
php_imagick-3.4.3-7.1-ts-vc14-x86.zip and copy the files as follows:
php_imagick.dll to your ext dir (I copied to C:\php\ext )
All files starting with CORE_ to any desired directory (I used C:\imagick)
- Add path to your system PATH variable after path to PHP directory:
- Add extension=php_imagick.dll to php.ini
- Check installation by running
php -i in cmd to find the following section:
imagick module => enabled
- If necessary, restart php fpm processes.